Wednesday, October 19, 2016

September 20 = Firsts Day

Today was my first MOPS meeting.  I tried to join a MOPS group over a year ago but the only one near me had a wait list.  So in January, I got off the waitlist and got to join the group. Towards the end of the year the leaders were trying to find new leaders to step up because one needed a break and the other was moving to Scotland for a year.  I, being totally new to this MOPS group, thought I wasn't quite qualified but no one was volunteering.  So I eventually told the coordinators I'd be willing to do it but I knew I may not be the ideal candidate since I was so new.  Well only one other person volunteered and both of us were hoping to be co-coordinators, not have the whole job to ourselves, so I met Anna and we started planning this year of MOPS.  Well today is the first meeting!  Look at this note from my sweet husband:



I had to leave the first MOPS meeting early- as I will need to every meeting- to pick Liam up from the bus.  While I was waiting, I spotted this little guy.



My mom once was bitten?  snapped?  I don't know what by a snapping turtle so I was very careful to keep my hands away from its mouth and moved him out of the road.

 
I had to take this picture because Malia has a new habit of putting socks on her hands like mittens...



The other first today was Malia's first soccer "practice."  This is mainly going to be Zachary's job to take her to soccer but for her first day, I wanted to watch.  Liam did not.  We walked around and found a playground...

 Zachary has pictures of Malia on her first soccer day but I don't... this is all I have- her taking her shoes off on the field.   Let's hope there are more to come!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you saved the turtle!
    And, glad you have the MOPS group. They are lucky to have you as a leader.

    ReplyDelete