Sunday, September 7, 2014

August 27 = Wednesday Fun Day

So Zachary's new schedule is a bit challenging compared to his summer schedule.  He has no class on Monday which is awesome for long weekends.  On Tuesdays, he just has one class at GWU- he leaves around 8:30 and gets home around 2:00 which is totally manageable.  Wednesday is where it starts going downhill.  He has a morning class at the Naval Academy and then a night class at GWU.  He does get to come home between classes but doesn't get home until close to midnight.  Then on Thursdays he has a morning class and a night class both at GWU- there's a six hour break between classes so that is really frustrating- you'd think whoever schedules this kind of thing would have done a better job with that.  So on Thursdays, after having Wednesday night on my own, I'm completely on my own after breakfast as Liam is in bed by the time Zachary gets home again and then he has class Friday morning at the Academy and isn't home before I have to take Liam and Malia to Liam's therapy appointments.  So here are some pictures of my first Wednesday alone with the babies- we got bored because getting all three of us out of the house is a chore.  I have to make sure Liam has been fed and changed and has a drink for the car.  Malia has to have been fed, changed and burped so she doesn't get a tummy ache in the car and I have to make sure I've pumped pretty much right before we leave if I want to be gone for more than an hour.  In our boredom, we hung out in Liam's room (because I can shut the door and confine him to one room instead of chasing him all over the house) and had a photo shoot- I've only included one of each to hide just how bored we were.



Also- just have to share something Zachary and I came up with to make our lives easier.  We make a menu each week on Sunday and a grocery list on Monday because the commissary, where we do our grocery shopping, is closed on Mondays.  I had a scrapbook page frame that I used to write my menu on with a dry erase marker so I could change it each week but I dropped it one day and it cracked :(

Anyway- We bought this cork board from Target and it wasn't really holding much so I wrote all my recipes on index cards and this is our new menu!  I love that the cards double as showing me what's for dinner each night but also holding the recipe.  Also- when I go to make the menu, instead of having to think and think about different options, all my options are right there.  Also, because I'm so nerdy, the cards are color coded- yellow cards have recipes that use white meat, pink cards have recipes that use red meat... orange cards are meatless and green is reserved for going out to eat, leftovers and ordering pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment