Monday, December 19, 2016

November 5 = Personal Day

Have you seen those commercials where the parent walks into the kid's room and says "I'm sorry, I'm going to have to take a sick day."  And then it says parents don't get to take sick days so take DayQuil or whatever medication it is.  Well today, folks, I took a personal day and it was glorious.  Zachary left early to go to the football game and I woke up around 8 and headed to the zoo.  I just walked around the zoo for about three hours.  I saw every single exhibit there was to see.  Here are some pictures I took:


I love turtles.



Casually sitting on a snake...
 

How I feel when I'm pregnant:


Turtle!





I stood and watched this Jaguar for several minutes.  He paced back and forth right in front of me about 20 times and then laid down and took a nap.  He may be my spirit animal.


I always forget what it's called but this may be my favorite animal to see at the zoo besides the otters and the turtles.  I had to look it up but it's a capybara and I love it.


Also, this bird was just walking around and I sort of wished the kids were there because they would have been so excited.  But then I remembered my quiet car ride and my full night's rest and the fact that I was leisurely walking around looking at whatever I wanted for however long I wanted and that wish evaporated.  Love them dearly.


The gorilla was using the fence to scratch his back:


Lion, out.


Turtle!


When I was pregnant with Liam and on our anniversary trip to DC, Zachary and I went to the Smithsonian zoo and bought Liam a stuffed hippo.  Then, when I was pregnant with Malia, we took a trip- our last outing as a family of three- to the Baltimore Aquarium and we got Malia a stuffed dolphin.  So keeping with that tradition, I picked this out for our littlest one:


I got back in the car around 11:30 and realized it was lunch time and I could go wherever I wanted.  So I went to Jason's deli and got this mammoth baked potato:


Also, here's a picture someone got of Zachary and his BattO at the game:


No comments:

Post a Comment