Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5 = Wake up on the Wrong Side of the Crib Day

Looks like today is going to be one of those days.  Now a week ago, every day was one of these days so I have no room to complain- he's been having a lot of overwhelmingly good, happy, well behaved days, so I'll take this one and hope he wakes up happier tomorrow- or maybe even after his nap today!  We are heading to OT soon.  Because of this mood he's in, I'm gonna see if I can persuade the therapist that he does better when I'm not in the room (which I do believe is true) and see if she'll let me sit in the waiting room and read while I take deep breaths.  I didn't write yesterday but June 4 = cloth diaper malfunction day.  He woke up from his nap very upset and so I ran in there to find his clothes soaked and immediately got him in the tub.  Giving a 21 month old a bath when you are 8 months pregnant is no small task but we did it and he was much happier after playing with the bubbles and rubber ducks.  Yesterday was also "let me smile at this older lady and make her year" day.  Liam was a very cooperative errand running partner yesterday- we had to go to Target and the grocery store and he was just as happy as could be.  At the grocery store a lady said "Hi Sea Captain" because that's what his shirt had labeled him as and he gave her the sweetest, biggest grin.  You could tell she was having a hard time that day and she went and told her friend "That adorable little boy just smiled at me and now my week has been made."  He is adorable.  And such a sweetheart.  And telling that story helped me gather the strength and patience to go get him ready for his appointment.  Cranky little thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment