Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8 = Visit New Church Day

Zachary is in the full swing of classes now- he has one class that meets every Monday/Wednesday and he has another class that meets on two separate weekends.  This was the first of the two weekends so my mom, brother and his girlfriend came up to keep me company while Zachary was in DC at George Washington University.  I had them go to church with me this morning before they left- I've gone to a new church by myself before and it's one of the most lonely situations I've ever been in- especially if the church isn't a warm, welcoming one.  Although I'm glad they came, I think I would have been okay going to this one by myself because the people were so very nice and I'm so excited to have Zachary go next weekend with me and get his opinion.  It seemed to me that the focus was on the people and the sense of community- not the music or the appearance of the church- which I really liked.  I have no good pictures from today so I'll have to write about what we did yesterday!  We took a trip to toys-r-us and got Liam two new things- because he doesn't have anything to play with as it is ;)

We got him a "easy turn coupe" and a little swimming pool that we can put outside behind the apartments.  This child loves water- he would stay in the bathtub all day if we let him.  However, the pool water was way too cold so we learned that next time we'll have to fill it up a few hours before we take him out there so it has time to warm up.  I think once the temperature is good, we will have hours of entertainment at our fingertips.


He looks unsure about the car but at this point he was looking at me like this because he was inconvenienced by my making him pause for the picture.  He likes to get in and out and in and out over and over again.  He has a little trouble getting in the car but got really good at getting out safely and quite gracefully!  We would push him for a few steps and he'd be opening the door, ready to get out again.  He also knocked on the door every time he wanted to get in.  His speech therapist tried to teach him the sign for "open" but always made him knock before helping him make the sign so now anytime he wants anything opened- be it the door, a container of toys or he wants his tray off his highchair so he can get down- he knocks.  It's really cute.


Even though he didn't get in the pool, he still had fun splashing the water and throwing toys in the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment