Friday, August 12, 2016

August 12 = Chickfila Day

I have two things to be super proud of today.  One is that I'm finally caught up.  This is August 12th's blog post and it's August 12th.  Also, I got the kids up and ready and we were on time- actually early- for my 8:00am Yin Yoga class!

2/3rds of us weren't happy about it:

But we made it:


We left straight from the gym for Liam's OT appointment.  Malia is loving looking at books!  She knew who Cookie Monster was in this book:


And I had brought some Paw Patrol books and she knows who all the puppies are!  I have to use context clues to figure them out but I've learned that she does, in fact, know them all.  She's so smart!

Zachary got off kind of early today so I was able to go grocery shopping by myself!  I got steak and baking potatoes for dinner but by the time I got home, it would have been 7pm before we could eat and that wouldn't have worked for the kids so we headed to Chickfila!

Malia was thrilled about it:



Two interesting things happened in the kids play area.  First, a kid pushed Liam off one of the platforms and Zachary went into Daddy mode.  He went in there, told the kid he needed to quit pushing other kids- the Dad's eyes were glued to his iPad so he didn't even see... later he pushed another kid and the pushed kid went and told the iPad Dad and he responded appropriately so Zachary said he got some points back.  Also, as another kid was leaving, he was asking everyone what their names were- Liam usually pronounces his name "Lallum" so we were surprised when the kid left he said "Bye Liam."  So proud of our little Liam for being so social and speaking so well!

After our early start today, Malia didn't quite make it home...


No comments:

Post a Comment