Wednesday, September 27, 2017

August 2 = Vacation Day 3

We started off our last day of vacation by going to the Buffalo Zoo.  It started off okay... We took pictures in these cutouts:



But the good moods didn't last for long.  I love the zoo.  So.  Much.  But it just doesn't usually work out for us- which is why I went by myself when Zachary and I went down to Jacksonville for the Navy/Notre Dame game.



Thankfully, they napped in the car as we headed to Cooperstown, NY.  We stopped at this adorable diner before we headed to the Baseball Hall of Fame.





By this time in the day, we weren't expecting a lot out of the kids so we just went with an open mind and hoped to be able to read a few things.  That made things go pretty well!



Then one of the funniest stories ever happened.  We were on our way either home or to a hotel, depending on how we felt... when we stopped for gas.  Zachary was on the phone with his dad and pumping gas.  I ran inside to get a bottle of water and take a quick bathroom break.  I came out of the convenience store and the van was nowhere to be found.  I walked around the building... I looked up and down the street- we were in the middle of nowhere so it wasn't like he ran to a fast food place real quick and was coming right back.  I stood outside for a while thinking of any other explanation besides- my husband just abandoned me at a gas station.  So I went inside and asked to use their phone- I had left mine in the car... and explained what happened.  They looked at me with the saddest eyes when I told them I'm sure he just didn't notice I wasn't in the car.  Well- Zachary doesn't typically answer phone calls from unknown numbers so he didn't take my call.  So I called back twice in a row to make him maybe consider this was a call he should take. Well he was finishing up his conversation with his dad so he wasn't paying attention to the multitude of rings coming in.  He got off the phone and was telling me that his dad really was encouraging him to stop at a hotel and even offered to pay for it.  When he didn't get a response from me he did a double take and realized I was not in the car.  He made a quick u-turn and called the number that had called him several times.  It took about fifteen minutes but I was eventually rescued from the gas station.  I think the attendants in the convenience store were relieved he came back- I don't think they were convinced he would.

But back to pictures- here's one of Miss Kayleigh at the hotel we did end up stopping at:



It was a good call because the kids did go to sleep and we all got a good night's rest!


1 comment:

  1. Zachary, you will never live that one down! Lol.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete