Friday, September 22, 2017

July 22 = Mount Vernon Day

Today started as every Saturday should- with Chickfila breakfast- as I was getting Malia ready and Kayleigh's stuff packed for our morning outing, Zachary got this picture:


 Also... here's a fun guessing game- who's this?


Answer:


Our last chickfila breakfast for a while...


While we were at breakfast, Zachary told me I should go to Mount Vernon by myself.  I've been wanting to go since... well, since Zachary and I took a DC trip for our second wedding anniversary.  It was on the list of things to do but we decided to go see Matthew, who happened to be in Quantico that weekend, instead.  It was a good trade but Mount Vernon stayed on my list of things I wanted to do at some point.  I thought for sure we'd make it during our stay in Annapolis but with just days left, it didn't look like it was going to happen but my sweet husband stepped in.  I decided to take Miss Malia with me to keep me company :)

She's got her ticket in her hand- others had dropped their tickets and it was her mission to pick them up and collect as many as possible.


We got to the line to go tour the mansion early- shocking- so we walked around the gardens.  Malia loves flowers so much so she was in heaven!



As you can probably tell from the pictures, it was kind of hot.  We sat to rest for a little while before getting in the line- Malia approved.



You aren't allowed to take pictures in the mansion but when we came out, this was our view.  The camera doesn't do it justice but just looking at the picture reminds me of how beautiful it was.




Malia was nearing her patience limit but I pushed her to walk to the tomb anyway as it was on the way to the shuttle that would take us back near our car.  Malia was not very cooperative so I snapped this picture really quickly and we walked toward the shuttle.


This is what being at her patience limit looks like:


She was happy to get on the bus though- here's some of her tickets she picked up along the way.


I had to stop by the gift shop- I wanted to find something for Zachary- I found some wine for us to share.  Malia loved these puppies and wanted three of them "because they're friends."


This was exactly two months ago so I'm so glad I took this screenshot of funny things that happened on our trip.  I'm not sure what "I'm back- it's my turn not yours" is but I do remember us being on the shuttle and Malia was climbing all over me and I said, "Girl, you're killing me" and she said "I'm not killing you, I'm just sitting."  She also said, "Get off the bus, I don't like you."  I started to pretend cry and she said "I sorry mommy, I love you."  So that was nice... and then on the way home she started singing "I like to eat, eat, eat chicken and fries" to the tune of apples and bananas.


This was the longest I had been away from Kayleigh since we got home from the hospital-  I missed her so!


I missed these two sillies as well:


1 comment:

  1. I loved Mount Vernon as a child. Malia, you look like you were a good trooper!
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete