Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 7 = Best Big Brother Day

Liam has been a funny little bear this morning.  He woke up at his normal time as I was in the middle of getting packed for going out of town this weekend.  We are going to meet Grammy and Uncle Matt (J) in Rocky Mount to give Liam to them for the weekend and then leaving from there to go to the Outer Banks where Zachary will run his second marathon in 3 weekends.  So I went in to change him and get him ready for the day but he was contently sitting in his crib.  I asked him if he wanted a new diaper and he simply shook his head, "no."  So I brought the clean, dry laundry in his room and folded as he played with his stuffed animals.  After I finished Malia's clothes, I checked with him again.  Still not ready.  I checked after I folded and put away his clothes.  Still not ready.  I put a few things in the car and when I came back in he was fussing a bit- I guess he was ready.  As I was changing him, Malia woke up and started fussing a bit in our bedroom.  As always, I commented "Uh-oh, sister's mad."  I went on to say "We love sister don't we?"  I regretted asking this as soon as the words left my lips because his favorite thing to do is say no to everything but he surprised me when he didn't say no!  He must really love her!  So I said, "You're going to be such a good big brother to Miss Malia."  Still no shaking of the head from Liam.  Then I said, "You'll protect her..." No shaking of the head.  "And when she gets her first boyfriend..." I couldn't finish the sentence before he started shaking his head quite adamantly.  He's going to be the best big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment