Monday, December 15, 2014

November 18 = Dentist Day

One thing I want to make sure I do as a parent is teach my children the importance of taking care of their teeth.  We get a practice run with the baby teeth but once those permanent teeth come in- that's it!  I've worn through most of my enamel from drinking sugary drinks and lots of citrus fruits- I had one dentist saying most people in their seventies have more enamel than I do.  So this was Liam's second trip to the dentist.  There's not much they do right now- they count teeth- he's got four molars to go- and just look at the overall health of his mouth.  Sometimes they do find tooth decay in kids this young so it's good to get it checked out to make sure you're on the right track- which we are!  I love this dentist- Dr. Maya Vernon.  Being a pediatric dentist's office, the waiting room was very Liam friendly- he found this easel to draw on.

After we finished there, we went to the exchange and got some winter clothes- a coat for Liam and a hat for Malia.  His coat pictured above is super cute but for when it's really cold, it'll be good for him to have a good winter coat.  We've got Malia covered with clothes from one of Zachary's classmates whose daughter had lots of good winter clothes but we wanted to get her a knitted hat to keep her extra toasty.  Meet Malia the mouse:



No comments:

Post a Comment