Thursday, December 25, 2014

December 24 = Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve!  The day started off pretty normally- Liam had a speech appointment that Grammy and Matt took him to and Gramps stayed home with Malia so Zachary and I could go to the gym without any babies.  We got home, showered and then my parents and I went out to participate in my dad's favorite Christmas tradition- Christmas Eve last minute shopping!  We went to Target and they got Malia some rattle socks- very cute- and I got her something for her new crib that will be in her new room very soon- after my family heads home, we're moving Liam to his room and Malia into hers.  When we moved in, we made the room with the crib Malia's room- we made it pink and green and just had Liam sleep in it thinking that by the time she was ready to move into her crib, he'd be ready for a big boy bed.  We were wrong.  So we were very lucky and had a crib given to us that we've put in Malia's room and we need to move Liam's crib into his baseball room.  It'll be a big adjustment for all of us!  But I digress.  Then we came home and opened a few presents.  Uncle Matt got Malia some adorable red pants with white "fur" on the bottom so we paired that with a funny bib Great Granny Jean got (Liam has worn it too).  


Dad and Zachary made dinner- it's a marinated grilled chicken recipe that I have no idea how to spell but it's delicious.  So we had that, rice, and green beans.  Liam loved it which is always a good thing.  We were planning on going to Christmas Eve service but we weren't sure if they would have childcare so my parents decided they wanted to stay home with the kids and Zachary and I didn't want to go if we were the only ones going so we got them dressed up like we were going and then took tons of pictures.








Then we started a new Christmas tradition that I hope we will continue every year.  I had gotten a movie for us to watch a few weeks back- Despicable Me II- and I got Liam some new PJs.  Malia already had two sets of Christmas PJs so we got them both festively dressed and sat down to the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment