Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 1 = Help Mommy Day

I've heard that nesting is a sign that labor is imminent.  Nesting is the urge to get things ready for the baby- to clean, organize, etc.  I do this every single day of my life.  Maybe people who don't make a habit of this notice a difference when it gets close to their delivery day but with Liam I never noticed an increase in the desire to be organized.  I've been thinking about how to best organize Malia's room since we moved in and I tweak something at least 3 times a week.  We have been blessed with family and friends providing us with lots of clothes for Malia.  We have items in each size up to over 12 months.  We were equally blessed with Liam and it was so nice to have clothes already when we went to put a 6 month onesie on and it was a struggle.  I made sure all of his clothes were washed and sorted and that was such a blessing in the long run so I've done the same with Malia.  The only challenge is where do you put all of these clothes- some of which you won't need for a year.  I had her 6-9 and 9-12 month clothes in this nightstand table but I found some empty bins and thought it'd be better to have the nightstand table drawers available for something else- they were filled approximately 3 minutes after being emptied.  So I needed to transfer the clothes from the drawers into the bins.  I was trying to keep Liam with me because Zachary was working on a paper so I thought it'd be interesting and comical to see if Liam would help me with my chore.  He did!  It was such an awesome moment because not only did he listen and actually comply, but he understood the words I said.  I pointed a little but he showed a level of understanding that I've never seen him show before!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment