Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 9 = Doctor Day

Poor little Liam.  I think the sneezing started Thursday.  In a span of 5 minutes he sneezed 12 times.  Everything coming out of his nose was clear so I felt like it was okay to take him to PT and Speech on Friday but both therapists noted he was sneezing (they also noted the clear color).  So I sent a message to Liam's doctor.  He also had some crazy spots on his stomach, chest and upper back.  I assumed it was eczema because that seems to be the problem anytime he gets any spots but I just wanted to check.  Over the weekend he developed a fever so we went in to rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3 hours to control that.  So Dr. Modi said he thinks the culprit is allergies and that the buildup in his head from the allergies was a breeding ground for a virus that caused the fever.  So he started him on Zyrtec.  I hate loading up a not even two year old with so much medicine but Dr. Modi's approach is to try it for a month and take him off- that might just do the trick.  If the sneezing continues, put him back on it and play around with it- take him off about every month because if it's a seasonal thing one of these times we stop the medicine the symptoms won't reappear.  He seems to be feeling better now that the fever is gone but check out this picture and how skinny my child is!  We gotta get some meat on his bones stat.


After Liam's appointment we came home, got changed, went to the grocery store and I started dinner while Liam took a nap.  When he got up it was time to go to my OB appointment.  It took 30 minutes to get there and the appointment lasted approximately 5 minutes but the doctor listened to the heartbeat and measured my belly and everything looks good.  She said it wasn't necessary to keep my Monday appointment since everything's looking good- we are all set for Wednesday.  I'm still so surprised she's hung on this long- I really expected her to be early like her brother.  I'm hoping she's waiting until Monday so she can share a birthday with her late great grandmother whose middle name she will share as well.  Of course if she waits until Wednesday we will just be excited to see her that day anyway but we are so excited and eager to meet her and to see Liam's reaction.  I'm also excited to see all the grandparents' and uncles' meet Miss Malia.  She's already one loved little girl but as with experience I know our love for her will only grow- very very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment