Wednesday, January 7, 2015

December 31 = New Year's Eve

Zachary nor I are big party people so NYE was pretty uneventful.  We were tempted to go to bed before 12 but we are really big on holidays so we didn't really consider it.  I saw something on Pinterest that interested me though- champagne jello shots.  Somehow, I graduated from UNC Chapel Hill without ever having taken a jello shot- so I didn't even know how to make them but instead of the water you use with jello mix, you substitute in whatever form of alcohol you want to use and so for NYE, it's super festive to use champagne.  The Pinterest pin I found though went a step further and suggested sprinkling Pop Rocks on the jello shot before eating it.  Pop Rocks are kind of hard to find!  We let Liam try them and I thought he was going to have a pretty enthusiastic reaction but he didn't... just another piece of candy.  They were yummy and not strong at all- I'm the lightest weight of all lightweights and I didn't feel a thing but it was still fun to try something new!

And here are some random pictures from earlier in the night...



No comments:

Post a Comment