Monday, January 19, 2015

January 16 = Malia's Half Birthday

My how the time has flown!  Miss Malia Mae has been a part of our family for six whole months!  Pops has officially taught Liam how to say his version of "Go Duke!"  Zachary and I had discussed who we would encourage our children to pull for- Carolina or Duke.  He wanted Malia to definitely be a Duke fan and wanted Liam to decide for himself.  I find this incredibly unfair as I am a UNC graduate.  His Dad being a Duke graduate and being a lifelong Duke fan himself gives him a bit of a claim but I feel that my claim is a little stronger.  Regardless, I was willing to let him have Malia as long as I could have Liam.  Well- Liam has been lost.  So my work on Malia begins with her 6 month picture.



 In fear that Zachary would destroy the pictures of Malia wearing her UNC onesie, I snapped some back up pictures too.


At six months old, Malia is still such a sweetheart.  As long as she is fed, dry and not really sleepy, she has a smile on her face.  She adores her brother and the way she looks at him melts my heart.  He adores her and would do anything for her.  She's got rolling from her belly to her back down and is working on rolling from her back to her belly.  She's starting to put a lot of weight in her hands and holds her head up really high and just looks like she wants to move.  Considering Liam somehow got out of his crib the other night and has learned to open doors of all kinds, I am about to be in big, big trouble when my Missy Mae starts crawling.  But I won't complain because I couldn't even imagine having sweeter, funnier, cuter kids than I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment