Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 6 = Snow Day

Now Liam, Malia and I are all sick.  Zachary woke me up to tell me it was snowing and I immediately felt absolutely awful.  I am not a huge fan of snow.  It's pretty to look at for the first 10 minutes before people and cars travel through it, making it a dirty, wet mess. 

 

Malia woke up around the same time that Zachary had to go to class so I went to feed her and could tell she felt about the same way I did.  When I went to get Liam out of bed, he just looked up at me with these sad eyes like, "Nope, not time yet."  So I gave him a cereal bar in his crib and let him take his time getting up.  After checking on him five times, he finally seemed willing to get out of bed so I changed his diaper but kept him in his warm, comfortable PJs and we, all three, sat on the couch.

 

We survived the morning- mainly because both babies felt so terribly, they didn't give me too much trouble and because I knew before Zachary came home, he was stopping by the drug store to get me some much needed medicinal relief- we were completely out of all cold medicines.  He surprised me by also coming home with these:


Liam had a few days on me and Malia so he started feeling better that afternoon and, completely on his own, started rocking Malia in her rock 'n' play while we were making dinner- such a sweet moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment