Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 20 = Orange Chicken Day

Most of the time I feel like we eat a nice variety of meals.  This may be compared when we ate the same 5 things every single week.  However- it seems like every time I sort through my recipe cards, I don't get excited by five to six already existing options so we have started trying a new recipe most weeks.  I came across a recipe for orange chicken which is our favorite from Panda Inn.  At the commissary they have a tiny food court made of Panda Inn and Subway so sometimes when we don't have a lot of groceries (hence the need to go to the grocery store) and I'm too hungry to wait until we get home, we stop at Panda Inn- this probably happens once a month.  We were excited to try the recipe and see how close it was to the food we get in the food court.  And it was pretty darn close!  We served it with fried rice that Zachary learned to make that we usually pair with our crockpot honey sesame chicken.

We also got Christmas presents from Aunt Pat today and Liam had a blast taking the paper out of the box and dragging it all over the house.  Here's a blurry picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment