Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 1 = Shake It Off Day

First of all here is Malia in Zachary's cover, just because....


And then I wanted to share some lyrics.  This song I'm going to share may not be everyone's taste but I got a Grammy nominees CD from the library and the first song that played was "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift.  Now I'm a big T Swift fan but this song has never been my favorite.  But it came on just as I was at a four-way stop.  Now it is my firm belief that four-way stops are of the devil, especially now when everyone is glued to their phones.  The idea behind them is simple.  Whoever was at the four-way stop before you, gets to go before you.  Now why this simple idea doesn't translate in some people's minds is beyond me.  Today I got to my stop sign and there was no other car stopped.  There were some approaching the stop sign but none that were already stopped and therefore, I was the first one there and should have been able to go immediately after coming to a complete stop.  Well, a truck that had been approaching decided the four-way stop didn't apply to him and tapped the breaks and kept going.  I was so mad.  I just thought, you could have hit my car and it would have hit Liam and it just made me that because he was in a hurry, he thought traffic rules didn't apply to him.  And then I heard Ms. Taylor say, "Players gonna play, play, play, play, play and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off, shake it off."  She went on to say, "While you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats in the world, you could have been getting down to this sick beat."  So what Taylor's trying to say is, people are going to do what they do.  There's not a thing in the world we can do about it.  But if you worry about that, you miss out on... well, dancing I guess, but the point is- worrying about a man who doesn't understand the concept of a four-way stop isn't worth my time and frustration.  I just need to continue to be super alert at them and if someone is in such a hurry that they can't wait their turn, well how much is it going to inconvenience me to just let them go?  Shake it off.

1 comment:

  1. Just because.....she is so cute!!!!!
    Amen to your thoughts. There's a lot of things to frustrate out there if you let it. And most of it just is not worth it....as you said.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete