Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 10 = Get Caught in the Rain Day

Today was a "Liam goes to the CDC" day.  So Malia and I spent some quality time together and I got some of my chores done and then we went to the Academy to have lunch with Zachary.  We had a little time to kill before picking up Liam so I stopped by the exchange to pick up a few things and while we were checking out, I heard what I was praying was not rain.  Oh but it was.  Hopefully, by looking at the sidewalk in this first picture, you can tell how hard it was raining.


We got to the CDC and the rain had slowed down a little bit so we walked very quickly in and got Liam and walked very quickly out.  As we were going home, though, the rain kept pouring down heavier and heavier.  When we got in the driveway, it was really bad.  It didn't seem like it was going to let up anytime soon so I went ahead and ran out, unlocked the door, got Liam, carried him inside, ran back out and got Malia, and then ran back out to get the groceries.  Liam got the least wet of the three of us, I definitely got the worst of it.  The water at the end of our driveway (where the drain is located for the street), was up to my knees.  So I snapped this real quick to show Liam found my being soaked, so very funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment