Saturday, February 6, 2016

February 1 = Errand Day

Malia woke up pretty early this morning so I was able to make her a good breakfast- waffles with blueberries!


 Then Liam woke up and he woke up on the wrong side of his bed.  I decided it would be in everyone's best interest to get out of the house so for some reason which Zachary cannot understand, I decided it was a good time to get Liam's hair cut.  I've been wanting to get it done but Zachary keeps saying to wait since it's so cold outside.  I couldn't wait any longer so I just took him.  This is how happy he was:


He did great though!  I stayed in the waiting area with Malia and while he fussed a little bit, he did so much better than I anticipated- especially since he was in an exceptionally bad mood.  He got a sucker halfway through which really helped and then another one after the haircut was done.  Here's the after picture:


 And here's where I messed up.  I should have just gone home.  He did a good job with his haircut- call it a victory and go home.  But instead I went to AC Moore and Chickfila.  Malia refused to sit in her seat so she sat in my lap.  I got clued in real quick as to why she was upset... she had a wet diaper.


 Cloth diapers save a lot of money but this isn't as uncommon as you'd hope.


Liam was doing such a great job drinking his chocolate milk!  Until he put it down on the table, forgot it was there and knocked it on the floor.  Malia dumped all of her chicken nuggets on the floor.  And cried the whole time.  Like... the whole time.  It was a disaster.

So after nap, we regrouped and tried this activity:


I kept the sticks that held the fruit from my edible arrangement Zachary got me for my birthday and stuck it in a tub of playdough.  Then I gave Liam cheerios and had him put them on the stick- it's a great fine motor exercise.  He did it with the first few but then questioned why he was putting them on the stick instead of eating them and then that was over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment