Monday, February 22, 2016

February 19 = Traveling Day

Around Christmas, my brother came up to Maryland to pick me and the kids up and bring us back to North Carolina.  I would FaceTime with Zachary every once in a while during that week when he was back home and I was kind of jealous that he had all this alone time- he could watch TV in peace, he could sleep through the night... he could eat in peace... notice a theme here?  So he had mentioned he would take the kids to NC one time and I could stay behind and just have some alone time.  We were planning on doing it this weekend but this training thing came up and he wouldn't have had enough sleep to make the drive himself so we decided this wouldn't be the weekend- rain check!  In hindsight- I'm really glad I went- the kids slept through the night both nights which hasn't happened out of state in a long time.  Although the nighttime sleeping was great- there was no sleeping in the car until five minutes before we got there.  I was flipping through facebook as Malia was screaming her head off (after I tried everything I knew to do to get her to calm down of course...) and I saw this.  That is exactly how I would have felt had she gone to sleep... alas.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment