Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 2 = Talk Back Day

Well I've officially been talked back to.  I told Liam it was time to get a diaper and he said no.  Common.  I don't consider that back talk... yet.  So I was playing the game with him- yes it is, no.  Yes Liam.  No!  Uhmmmmmm Yes!  And he replied with "Uhmmmmmmmmm no."  On the one hand I was very proud of him for doing such a great job imitating the sound I made but on the other... that boy's got an attitude on him.

Also, yesterday was a year from the day Malia had her seizures.  It's so interesting because at this point with Liam we were starting to discuss taking him off his anti-seizure medication but with Malia, she's already weaned off and has been for a while now!


 Also, we've thrown away the bottles.  My favorite story to tell about our pediatrician, Dr. Modi, is the first time we met him, he asked Liam if he knew why he was still drinking out of a bottle and he said, "because mommy and daddy let you."  His advice was to throw away all the bottles and make his only option a sippy cup.  We didn't throw them away because I was seven months pregnant at the time but we did hide them and that was the only way we got him off the bottle.  I tried to introduce sippy cups to Malia more gradually, starting at 6 months but she wasn't ever a fan.  Now that she's well over one, we decided it's time to lay down the law.  This time we did get to throw them away because there is no baby in the near future. 


Also, Liam is developing some skills of his own!  He's learning to undress himself- he didn't get the snap undone but he did some good work with the zipper.


1 comment:

  1. Smart boy, Liam! Well, with the zipper. Not the talking back. Haha.
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete