Friday, October 16, 2015

October 9 = Tex Mex Rice Day

Well I have a new favorite recipe!  I saw this on The Pioneer Woman and knew we had to try it.  Usually I'll find recipes I like and I'll pin them on pinterest and one day we'll say let's do something different for dinner this week and I'll consult my "Gotta Try" board and pick one but right after we watched this episode, we added it to the menu.  And it was a good choice- so delicious!


Also, Malia showed us she's a yogi in the making by doing a down-dog on the twister mat.  Grandma got the twister mat for the kids- mainly Liam- and I think he will really benefit from it.  He's not quite ready to play it the way it's intended but after Malia finished her yoga, we played a game where I would tell Liam to place certain objects on different colors so "put Mickey on a red dot," or "put the car on the yellow dot."  These two part directions (choosing the right item and then the right color) are really great for him and his cognitive development!


No comments:

Post a Comment