Friday, December 4, 2015

December 1 = Pour Your Dinner on Your Head Day

I'm not going to lie- Malia gave me a rough time today.  This is going to be a rough week.  Zachary has a basketball tournament this week so he had a game last night and will have games Wednesday and Thursday but tonight, as always on Tuesday, he had class.  So serving dinner to two toddlers by oneself can sometimes be a challenge.  Tonight was one of those times that it was very challenging.  Liam has also been going through one of his phases where he only speaks in whine and there's very little that makes him happy.  So I was allowing him to eat his dinner on a picnic blanket in front of the tv and as I was sitting with him making sure he was as happy as he would allow himself to be, Malia got busy with her dinner that, before I walked away from her, she was eating like a perfectly sane being.  I came back and found this:

I laughed because what else do you do?  And then I stripped her down and took her up to the bathtub.  My method for cleaning them is to keep them out of the bathtub and wash them down with a wash cloth and then put them in when they're clean for them to enjoy the water and bubbles.  I don't know how one would be able to lift them up in the tub and clean them at the same time so that's what I do.  Well, I noticed the wash cloths in the tub had been used for a few days so I went to switch them and as I walked to the linin closet to get a new clean wash cloth, Malia peed on the floor.  I laughed again because, again, what else can you do?  I moved her away from her puddle, cleaned her up, put her in the bath and cleaned up the puddle.  She got her bath and eventually she was ready to get out.  I put her on the changing table and dried her off.  I walked over to her closet to get a diaper and she peed on the changing table.  Now how she had enough in her to go twice in twenty minutes is beyond me but she did.  So I laughed again and got her dressed and then proceeded to count down the minutes until Zachary got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment