Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 10 = Girls on the Yard Day

Recently, Zachary took over as the O-Rep for the Midshipmen Action Group (MAG).  Today, we went to one of their events- it's called Girls on the Yard.  I don't know a ton about it but I had heard of an organization "Girls on the Run" so I'm guessing it's an extension of that.  It was female led and all the participants were female- the midship(wo)men led groups of girls in lots of different activities- one of which was running up and down stairs which made me thankful to be chasing two kids around instead.  But it looked like most of them were having fun- the rest were wishing they were chasing around kids with me- but it seemed like a really cool event and something I'll keep in mind for when Ms. Malia gets a little older.


No comments:

Post a Comment