Tuesday, April 5, 2016

March 24 = Quiet Waters Park Day

We had a fun day today! Here's Malia right after she woke up, still holding on to her blanket and her Minnie.


 After we got dressed and had breakfast, we headed to Quiet Waters Park.  I have no pictures because it took every bit of my concentration to keep an eye on two children who refused to play near each other.  I would have my eye on one, turn my head to find the other, look back and the first had moved.  We met with three other moms and their kids so I kept asking whoever was closest if they saw the one I was having a hard time locating.  When we left, I backed out of the spot and something sounded funny.  I backed up far enough and then put the van in drive and it still sounded funny.  So I got out and this is what I saw:


 I saw that it had ripped off and was worthless but didn't want to damage anything by taking it off myself.  I called Zachary but he was unavailable.  I called my dad and sent him this picture and he asked if I had any duct tape to tape it up so it wouldn't drag.  I didn't.  So I called our roadside assistance but the only thing they could do was tow us somewhere to fix it which with two hungry, tired kids in the car was not appealing at all.  I was about to figure out how to rip it off by any means necessary when a man, his daughter, and his dad pulled up.  They recommended taking it off instead of getting it towed where someone else would take it off and asked if they could do it for me which I gratefully accepted.

We went home, got naps, and then we were off to another play date!  We met my friend Anne and her three kids!  Little Thomas is a few months old now and I got to hold him which made my day.  Zachary met us there for the last little bit and then we headed home.  Zachary got a charcoal grill so after dinner, we took a trip to Ace Hardware to get some charcoal and other stuff he needed and stopped by a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins right after.  These kids love them some ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment