Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 9 = Packers Day

So I'm more of an individual NFL Player fan but I've decided to adopt the Packers as my team.  I love Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews... and Eddie Lacy.  And Julius Peppers and Jordy Nelson.  And now I love them as a whole even more because I saw on FaceBook today that they donated $200,000 to enhance community-police relationships.  I am really torn on the issue that's at hand right now- Colin Kaepernick (which I spelled correctly without cheating.  I googled it because I was sure I misspelled it but I was actually right- go me) has recently started protesting during the national anthem being played before football games because of race relations in our country- namely, unarmed African Americans being shot and killed by police officers.  I believe he has a reason to protest.  I just don't know how much good is being done by him sitting during the national anthem.  And now that September 11th is tomorrow, I'm feeling more uneasy about it.  What the Packers did though I think is great.  So just thought I'd share because this is the only picture I have from today. Oops.

I've been saying oops a lot lately.




No comments:

Post a Comment