Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 16 = USNA Soccer Day

I love this.  Since we got a handicap sticker, I've been thinking of printing this and handing it to anyone who comments that we shouldn't use a handicap sticker.  I don't use it very often, just when I'm by myself with both kids and Liam's having a rough day.  Well that doesn't really eliminate very many days but I tend to stay at home on those days anyway.  But just a thought.


So Grandma and Pops came in last night and we were all so excited to walk Liam to the bus this morning.  Since I now knew where the spot was, this should be easy peasy, right?!  

We were told the bus would be there around 8:10 but to get there 10 minutes before and wait up to 10 minutes after.  So we got there at 8.  All of us.  At 8:17 I called the bus company just to make sure they weren't coming as I assumed they weren't.  She said, "Oh they've already been by and they couldn't wait."  

Me: "But we've been at the bus stop since ten minutes before the estimated arrival time as we were instructed to do."

Bus Lady: "Let's see.  They came by at 7:55... were you out there?"

Me: "No.  Ten minutes before the ETA was 8:00 so we got out here at 8:00."

Bus Lady: "Oh.  Well.  Hmm.  Oh I see!  There's been an adjustment to the bus schedule.  His new estimated ETA for your bus stop is 7:55."

Me: "Awesome, thanks so much."  [Hangs up] Remember even though this is crazy and the third time in a row I've had to deal with this bus not doing what it's supposed to do, I have no idea what anyone involved is going through and so I should just be nice.   "Alright gang, we're driving Liam to school."

So we all packed into the Sienna and took Liam to school.  But then we went to Breakfast Shoppe so it was all worth it.

Here's Liam getting off the bus.  That's right, ladies and gentlemen [I'm 95% sure there are no gentlemen reading this but, ya know, let's be inclusive], the bus came when it was supposed to.  Hallelujah!


Later, we all went to a USNA soccer game.  A couple of girls from Zachary's company are playing- one is their star player.



1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of Liam getting off of the bus! Smiling, and happy to see Mom!

    ReplyDelete