Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 25 = Reflection Day

I'll get to my reflection after I share some cute pictures- here's Malia eating her breakfast.  She used to hate bananas but I thought it'd be worth trying and sure enough, she ate a whole banana!



Then we went to Liam's speech and PT appointments.  His ST's last day is Thursday and we are so upset about it because she is so awesome and Liam does more for her than he will do for anyone!  So just in case something crazy happened Thursday, I went ahead and got a picture.


Joey obviously had a very stressful day:


And here's a funny story.  I was carrying a box downstairs from my latest Amazon delivery.  It was a big box so I put it to one side and reached out for the banister- well this is what the banister did in return:

Because I was carrying a large box, I wasn't able to catch myself and I fell down the stairs, bumping my head on each stair on the way down.  I'm definitely going to have a bruise on my lower back as well.  The good news is that it didn't fall on one of my children and that Zachary was able to tighten it so it should cause us any more problems!

And that brings me to my reflection.

I was looking for something on safari on my phone the other day and I noticed two bookmarks I had saved.  One is called "An Apology to My Firstborn Child" and the other is called "An Apology to my New Baby: A Toddler Rules Our House."  And they are right next to each other.  The surface level message of this is I found two articles that I found amusing or interesting and saved them so I could read them again or share them with someone later.  The deeper message here is I, like I'm pretty sure all other moms are, am too hard on myself!  So later, when I heard this song (which I've blogged about before), I smiled thinking of my two bookmarks apologizing to the two people I dedicate myself to 24/7.  The lyric I took away from it is this: "You are God, you are God, of all else I'm letting go."  Such a good lesson for me to learn and to work on every day- let go of the guilt that each kid doesn't get the same amount of attention each day; I love them both more than words can say so it'll all even out.  Let go of the to-do lists; If I dust today, great, if I don't, it'll still be there tomorrow.  God is God and in the grand scheme of things, that's enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment