Friday, August 7, 2015

August 6 = Big TV Night

Malia was eating her snack and I just thought she looked so cute so I had to take a picture- her shirt says "Hello Sunshine" and how appropriate is that?


 Then I wanted to show Matt something Liam did the other night- I wanted to see if he'd do it again, and sure enough he did.  Last Thursday in yoga, one of my two favorite instructors, Jenn, had us practice headstands and gave me some cues no other teacher has so I decided to practice at home the next night.  I was trying my new tips in the playroom while the kids were playing- I thought they'd be distracted but it was the funniest thing to them.  Liam came up to me and started kissing all over my face.  It was so funny and I have no idea what made him do that but sure enough, he did it again today.  Now I know how to get a kiss- just stand on my head!


 Then I asked Matt to get a picture of me and the babies- I'd been wanting him to get a picture of us with Zachary but we kept forgetting.


Matt left us right after lunch but Zachary got home soon after and we headed to the Academy to watch some of his plebes in a wrestling event.


Zachary sold me on going by telling me the place would be huge with not too many people but it would be loud and there would be stairs.



 On the way home we saw two deer- one was a baby- so pretty!


So we did our nighttime routine- baths, stories, everything- and then it was time to watch some tv.  Tonight was a big night in the television world.  There was the Republican debate and it was Jon Stewart's last episode as the host of The Daily Show.  We found a drinking game for watching the Republican debate which was the only way I was going to make it through.  


Surprisingly, we didn't get to drink that much- they weren't as predictable as Rolling Stone thought they'd be.  We made it through half and then decided to watch Big Brother which, when it was over, it was perfect timing for me to watch The Daily Show live- which I haven't done since high school- thanks DVR!  But I thought it was appropriate to watch this one live- I've been watching the show for so long (10 years) but not as long as he's been on (almost 17 years).


No comments:

Post a Comment