Friday, August 7, 2015

August 2 = Mom Gets a Nap Day

Oh little Miss Malia.  Every night she hates going to bed.  But last night was exceptionally rough.  We tried to let her cry it out but she was so very angry- it was such a different cry- that I couldn't leave her in there.  Zachary got her out of the crib and that made her happy but she could sense when he even thought about putting her back and started screaming.  Zachary's patience goes a little quicker than mine so I went in for reinforcements.  I started rocking her and she was pretty happy with that.  When I started rocking her, the fifth song of her "Guitar for Stress Relief."  When we got to the end of the last track, the fourteenth, she had been lifting her head up with her eyes closed, turning her head, and putting it back down.  She was asleep.  So I decided to try to put her down.  Nope.  Sat back down and tried again.  Got back to the fifth song and decided to try something different.  I thought we could go back to our co-sleeping days so I took her downstairs and tried to see if I could fall asleep in the recliner.  I'm a picky sleeper and I could tell immediately this wasn't going to work but it led me to my next idea- I thought I would try to get her to fall asleep on the floor of her room and then I could sneak out.  I took my sleepy little lady upstairs, got a blanket out and spread it on the floor, put her on it and waited for the magic to happen.  Nope again.  She came alive.  She wanted to play with everything on the changing table and just thought everything was so funny.  I decided to grab a glass of water so I put her in her crib and turned the light on for her and when I came back to rejoin this party of two I heard nothing coming from her room.  I waited for a few seconds... still nothing.  Apparently all she wanted was a light on.  So I finally got to go to sleep.  We don't have an alarm clock in our room- thanks iPhone!- so I didn't see what time it was when I finally got to sleep but I know it was late.  So this morning I woke up at 7:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.  Instead of wasting time just laying there, I decided to go downstairs and make breakfast for my perfect sleeping family.  The smell woke Zachary up and so we got the kids dressed and ready for the day and had some taters 'n' eggs.  Then the fatigue hit.  I asked Zachary if he minded if I grabbed a nap and he encouraged me to do so.  Fast forward- I wake up and come downstairs to a completely clean house.  The dishes are done, the toys are picked up, the counters are cleaned- everything!  It was amazing.  And getting out of a round of dishes made up for the late night!

No comments:

Post a Comment