Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 18 = Appropriate Facebook Post Day

So most mornings, if I wake up before the kids, I scroll through facebook really quickly just to see what's going on in the world.  I am aware that facebook is not necessarily the news but I "like" several news sources which all post important updates so I get to see friends' updates and actual news stories at the same time!  Anyway- I saw this post and it could not have been seen at a more appropriate time.


Last night, we headed to bed around 11:30.  We watched some Jimmy Fallon and turned off the television.  Seconds after we turned it off, Malia started hollering.  I went in to check on her and she was fine.  I turned off the light. Screams.  I decided to let her cry it out.  I go back in our room and Zachary looks at me with the most tired look you can imagine and just said "I have to get sleep tonight."  Also, Liam is sleeping in the room next to her and is still not feeling well so I decided it's for the greater good of the family if I make her happy.  I rocked her, read to her, sang to her- tried everything- she was fine if I was with her but if I thought about leaving, she could sense it and I could tell this wasn't going to work in my (or anyone else's favor), so we headed down to the playroom where the mattress my brother slept on a few weeks ago is still conveniently out.  I tried to get her to lay on the mattress in the dark with me but that wasn't going to happen so after about thirty minutes of trying, I gave in and let her play around.  I turned on the tv and watched an episode of my soap opera- The Young and the Restless.  When the episode was over I grew determined to make this girl go to sleep as it was 2:30 in the morning.  I have no idea how long it took- hours for sure- but eventually, she went to sleep.  Not long after, Zachary came downstairs to leave so I took her upstairs and she thankfully went back to sleep.  So when I read this a few hours later it made me laugh.  And yawn.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. That is so funny! The Facebook post, that is. Not that you were up all night!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete