Thursday, March 3, 2016

March 1 = MOPS Day

Last year, I was trying to find a MOPS group to join.  I was in a MOPS group in Jacksonville and it was a nice two hour break two Tuesdays a month where the kids got to play with other kids and I got to listen to speakers and talk to other moms.  Well... I found one two minutes from our house but they didn't have any availability for childcare so I was on a waitlist.  I got an email a couple weeks back that they had room so they were able to add some new moms!  We were supposed to go two Tuesdays ago but the schools were closed because of snow so they canceled the meetings.  So today was the day!  I got the kids in their respective rooms and then went to the meeting.  I got to sit at the gold table- each table has a color and a flower and we're the sunflowers.  Quick history on why I love sunflowers: when we got home from the hospital after Malia was born, "Liam" got Malia sunflowers as a welcome home (and welcome to the world) present.  So I love sunflowers!  Anyway!  We had quite a bit of time just to talk to the other people at our table and everyone was so very friendly- it was such a relief.  Then they had two speakers- co-owners of a local toy store, talking about the importance of play.  They talked mostly about outdoor play which we haven't been able to experience lately but it gave me some good ideas for when that time comes.  I had Liam in the CDC today because Tuesdays are kind of rough and Zachary has to stay later tonight that normal.  I was tempted to stay at the meeting but the CDC serves lunch at 11:30 so if I had stayed, I'd have to go home, feed him, and then take him and it just didn't make a lot of sense.  I knew that most of the social time is at the end of the meeting so I was disappointed but... oh well- better planning next time.  Here are my babies on the way to the car... how sweet!


So we went the CDC and on the way, Malia was saying "Minnie!  Minnie!"  So I told her I'd get Minnie when we stopped.  And then realized... we left Minnie at the meeting.  So I dropped Liam off and then rushed back to the church.  The meeting had just finished and one of the moms told me some of them were going to the playground in the back of the church if I wanted to join!  So I still got some social time anyway- wins all around!

So at home, Malia and I had some rest time and cleaning time and then, before we knew it, it was time to get Liam.  So we picked him up and then headed to AC Moore to get some things for activities that will hopefully be a success... and hopefully I'll post about them because they went so well... fingers crossed.  Well, we just had the best time in AC Moore.  Going up and down the aisles, Liam was pointing out different colors and letters, numbers and animals.  Malia was in her stroller and Liam was helping me push her.  It was beautiful.  I found what I needed and we went up to the front. And then it all fell apart.  I don't know what set him off but Liam lost his mind.  Fell on the floor, slammed his head on the floor... was screaming at the top of his lungs.  I just ignored all the stares I was getting, got through the transaction and got to the car.  Then we headed to chickfila.  I stopped and cut up their chicken, put it in snack cups and gave it to them to eat on the way to the gym.  I had a great workout and by the time we got home it was time to read stories and go to bed!  So besides the AC Moore breakdown, we had a really great Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Liam and Malia, you two look so precious walking and holding hands. Never forget the love that you have for each other.
    Love you,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete