Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 13 = Triathlon Day

So if anyone was in doubt of my love for Zachary- let me provide you with some proof.  I got up at 5:30 for this crazy man.  And happily!  We got up, I got dressed in a haze and then we got to the race spot.  Zachary put his bike where it belonged and then we sat in the lobby of the gym for a while, walked in the pool area to check it out and sat on the bleachers until it was time to line up.  Zachary started off swimming- here he is waiting to start on the side:


 Here he is in position, waiting for the cue to start:

 And in action:
After a few laps, I went ahead outside so I could see him run out.  They ran from the pool, barefoot to where the bikes were parked:
 And here is the start of the bike route.  It was down the road so there wasn't a better view than this.


So as soon as I couldn't see him anymore, I went and got a prime spot at the finish line.  Now, I have been to a few races- half marathons, marathons, 5ks... and one thing that really aggravates me is when people who know the person they're supporting isn't going to finish for a while but they stand right there anyway.  I wasn't going to have to deal with that today though because I was gonna get there before everyone else.  Well I did but that didn't stop a family of four from walking right in front of me as I was taking a video of Zachary crossing the finish line.  

Oh well.  I got this picture right after my failed video shoot.


He had so much fun!  He said it was a lot more fun than a marathon.  So we sat at some picnic tables and let him recover a bit and then we headed back to the house.  We picked up a swimsuit for Liam on the way and we got him changed when we got back and then headed back to the same place the triathlon was held and Liam got to play around in a splash pool!


Malia hung out in her umbrella stroller:
 

I decided to walk in the splash pool too so I didn't get too many pictures but afterwards, Zachary jumped in the big pool.  Here's Grandma walking with Liam to the pool:



And here's Liam and Daddy playing some basketball:

After our pool adventures we headed home where I took a nap and then we headed to Raleigh to meet my family for dinner at McAlisters.  After dinner, we had a photo shoot!





 


Zachary likes to ask his parents to drive when we all ride together in the van so that we can relive the old days and sit in the back of a sienna together- how sweet is he?  So Grandma got this silly picture of Malia from the front seat- this is her new favorite posture.

Also Malia said "mama" today!  I kept thinking she might be but when we got back to the house she said it again and Zachary confirmed- so we had a very special day.  Zachary got to use his God given talents and really enjoyed himself, Liam got to spend time with mainly Grandma & his daddy at the pool which was a fun and different environment, we got to see my parents, Matthew and his girlfriend and I got to hear the sound every "mama" yearns for!  Oh and Zachary I got to sit real close in the back seat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment