Monday, June 8, 2015

May 25 = Hiking Day!

Woo-hoo! Today's the day!  I will miss my kids but Zachary and I are overdue for a little alone time.  We headed to Philadelphia mid-morning- we enjoyed car ride conversations- something that only occurs when no kids are in the car.  We casually made pit stops for bathroom breaks, picking up sunscreen and getting snacks.  We made a couple wrong turns but it was okay because we weren't in a huge hurry counting down the minutes until a backseat breakdown. We made it to the park and set out on the closest trail.  Here are some pictures from our 6 mile hike:



We saw a deer!




After the hike, we headed to the hotel to check-in.  We showered, got dressed, and headed to dinner.  We went to Cantina Laredo- one of Zachary's favorite places to eat- there's one in Jacksonville and it's actually the last place we ate out in Jacksonville because it is his favorite so when I was looking for somewhere for dinner and saw this, I was so excited to tell him!  This picture was sneakily taken by my husband after I had consumed a margarita or two...


The restaurant was in a mall so we walked off the tequila and looked around a little bit.  We headed back to the hotel and had a quiet night in.  A great first day of vacation!

Aaaaaand Grandma was very thoughtful and shared pictures of the kids with us- this was my favorite from the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment