Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 5 = Kilgore Falls Day

Well we have been bitten by the green trees and rocks and trails bug and headed to Kilgore Falls today about an hour and a half away.  We got the double jogging stroller last night for this trip and for walking/running around our house- Liam doesn't look thrilled:


But he cheered up quickly.  Here's the beginning of our trail.  Beautiful!


I ran ahead and turned around to get a picture of Zachary pushing the kiddos:


Liam got a little restless in the stroller so Zachary let him get out and walk a little with a helping hand:


After a lot less walking than we anticipated we got to the waterfall!  Here I am trying to get a good picture of the view from the top:


Here's one of the pictures I got:


And here's a picture of the four of us with the waterfall in the background- we were not on the edge for this picture.  Promise.

  

Right after taking this picture, we walked back across to safety but before doing so, I slipped on a rock, carrying Malia and fell in the water at the top of the waterfall.  Thankfully it wasn't a strong current but momma bear mode kicked in and I fell straight down- Malia barely got wet.  But I did jam my finger.  I was so relieved that we didn't fall down the waterfall and that Malia was okay that I didn't really realize the extent of the pain my finger was in for a few minutes but then I got it loud and clear. 

So even though Zachary and I have been together for quite a while, I still learn new things about him every once in a while.  Standing under a waterfall is something he's always wanted to do.  So we went down a different trail and walked across the stream so that he could have his dream come true!   If you look super, super closely, he's on the very right of the falling water.  I didn't get great pictures because I was holding Malia and trying to keep Liam from moving too much.


 Here's a view of the waterfall from the bottom:


Here I am carrying Malia back across the stream:


On the way back to the car, we found some honeysuckle so I had to share one of my childhood joys with my little ones:



Once we got to where the trail was pretty flat, we let Liam loose again:


Daddy and his little girl:


Doesn't this look like a preloaded Windows background?!


And I just love this picture:


We had so much fun- beautiful sights and wonderful quality time together.  And a dirty pair of shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment