Wednesday, February 22, 2017

December 31 = New Year's Eve

So we actually had a really fun day although the pictures will not support that.  We had our friends, Will, Amy and Evie, over for NYE and had yummy snacks and watched football and talked and laughed.  The kids played nicely but these are the only pictures I got today:



 

But the most exciting part of the day was this:


Matthew proposed and Grace said yes!!  If Liam and Malia had any idea what any of this meant they'd be super excited.  I like to ask Liam who he loves on a regular basis and I'm going to guess that 50% of the time he says Matt & Meese first.  When he talks to Matt on facetime, he without fail asks for Meese.  So even though she's already a part of our family, we are excited that a wedding will be coming soon to make it official!

So after the Rowntrees left, I went to bed trying to get rid of this awful headache.  I was really upset because I love NYE and I don't think I've ever missed the ball drop but I was in so much pain that I didn't have a choice.  However, Malia woke up right before midnight and Zachary brought her in our room and gently woke me up with a quiet countdown and a kiss so I still got to celebrate the occasion!  So thoughtful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment