Thursday, February 23, 2017

January 13 = Coloring Day

Liam is so my mini-me.  Here he is waiting for the bus with some crazy hair.  We just aren't morning people.


 Malia also takes after me in that she cannot be found at home without a blanket around her:


Also, I was scrolling through facebook and saw this post of shirts all moms need.  I took a screenshot of several of them because, yes, I need them.







Tonight was such a good night and thanks to this blog, I'll always be able to remember it.  Zachary and I make dinner while the kids are downstairs most of the time (to be able to have a conversation, concentrate on making dinner and keep the children from burning themselves) and then we have the kids eat at the table and we eat at the island.  I know, I know, families are supposed to eat together and we will one day.  Just not today.  Or tomorrow.  But one day.  Anyway, after dinner, I got some coloring sheets out and markers and we all sat at the island for probably an hour, coloring and singing and laughing.  It was such a great, simple time we shared.



Later, Malia and I went through these little puzzle cards.  There are two kinds of cards- one has a word on it and the other has the corresponding picture on it.  I'll read the word and she finds the picture and puts them together.  After she put all of them together, we went through and said what each picture was of.  It takes her a while to get focused but I just love this video because it shows how she says certain words and I know someday soon she'll be saying all of them perfectly so I want to remember how cute her little Malia words were.



No comments:

Post a Comment