Thursday, February 23, 2017

February 14 = Valentine's Day

Funny story from today.  My friend, Alexandra, has warned me that the kids need to know their actual names because as a Kindergarten teacher, she's had kids who don't know they have a real name, they just go by their nicknames.  So I try every once in a while to ask the kids what their names are.  I asked Malia today what her name was- to which she replied "sister" and then asked her what bubba's name is and she said "big boy."  Who knows.

I really don't know about this child:





Zachary and I aren't huge Valentine's Day celebrants but he encouraged me to get a pedicure today while they went to the gym- I've had a sinus infection and don't feel like working out- so I did and this lady getting a manicure had the cutest dog with her:


And on the way home, Zachary was driving a different way and so I asked him what he was doing.  He said he was going to Kohl's for one last Valentine's Day surprise.  But he drove past Kohl's.  So I again asked where he was going and he said "Oh did I say Kohl's?  I meant Target."  And then he made another "wrong turn" and we ended up in the Outback parking lot.  He had ordered food to go before we left the gym... the kids were screaming and being crazy so I was very relieved we weren't going inside.  Such a nice Valentine's Day!



And finally I have this video of Liam.  I've been wanting to capture this for a while and I'm so glad I did.  Sometimes I'll affectionately say something like, "that's my boy" and Liam corrects me immediately- "I mommy's boy and dada's boy.  Both."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment