Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 20 = Memories Day

So I don't know that I've mentioned this on the blog.  If I have, I apologize.  Our lease is up on April 30th.  The owner has decided he wants to sell.  We asked if we could stay for two and a half more months so we don't have to move in Annapolis before we move to Rhode Island in July.  He said we could but had some unrealistic expectations and had he sold it, we'd have to move anyway so we decided to go ahead and move.  Any time someone scheduled a showing, we would have to leave the house and I just imagined getting home from the hospital after McKenzie's born and getting a phone call that we have 30 minutes to get out.  Not appealing.  So... thankfully, there is military housing available for us so we're going to move about 10 minutes away.  Any spare minute we have is used for packing/organizing/planning/cleaning.  Liam's tired of it:


He really did almost fall asleep on the bottom stair today.

Anyway, I've been going through lots of stuff and I took on our "memory boxes" today.  I found these pieces of paper we had put in a jar one year- we had this goal of anytime anything awesome happened, we would write it down and put it in the jar and on New Year's Eve, have fun going through all the memories.  We started off strong.  I don't want to keep all the pieces of paper but I want to keep the memories so I'm going to type them up here.  They're all from 2013.

1-3: Liam measured at the 25th percentile for weight but 60th for head circumference.
1-4: We moved into our new house (how appropriate- this was Oregon City Street on Mayport's Base).
1-13: Liam rolled over and then slept through the night- both first times!
1-23: Liam came home from the hospital happy and on medicine to control his seizures!
1-25: Liam laughed his first real laugh- at mommy!
2-9: Liam rolled over every time I put him on his belly tonight- 5 times!  The end of tummy time.
2-14: Liam at a few bites of avocado!
2-23: Liam's half birthday- lots of family and friends came to celebrate.
3-3: Zachary held a girl named Paisley the whole time we had nursery for the first time because she would cry if he thought about putting her down.
3-10: Easter Egg Hunt (A little early since Zachary was out for Easter)
4-1: The batteries made one fire alarm go off which made another go off at 3AM.  Jeannie freaked out and stood guard at the head of the bed for at least 30 minutes.
5-13: 10 year anniversary; Liam ate bread at outback and then we saw Christian Laettner at Zachary's basketball game.
5-23: 1st Family Beach Trip 
5-24: First time Liam had home made peaches (not Gerber), he ate a crazy amount!
5-26: Liam held his bottle and fed himself for the first time! 
5-31: We all watched Rocky together!  (I remember this so well... I surprised Zachary by finding it online- he'd been bugging me to watch it... He loved watching it with his wife beside him and his son on his lap)
7-4: Liam clapped his hands for the first time.
7-5: Liam gave John Dominey his first high five.
10-1: Liam waved at someone for the time in an Ikea elevator.

I wanted to document all of these since not every day of his life at this age was written about like I do now.  Such good memories!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, if I felt better. I'd come up and help! My neck and back issues have me pretty much relegated to resting -waiting on neurosurgeon appointment! Sorry you have to go through 2 moves-but better before baby than after! Praying friends can pitch in and help y'all!!

    ReplyDelete