Friday, March 20, 2015

February 22 = Attempt to be Creative Day

I got a sewing machine a few months back and was super motivated.  I was going to learn to sew baby headbands and dresses and pillows and... I had a lot of dreams.  Then the machine came and it took me a few days to open it.  And then it took me a lot of concentration and watching the instructional DVD a million times to thread it and then I attempted to follow directions from someone on Pinterest and... it didn't go so well.  So my mother-in-law has some sewing experience- she's made beautiful quilts for Liam and Malia so she offered to help me figure out a few things.  I showed her the directions for this adorable headband I wanted to make for Malia and she understood the language this lady was writing in so we went to AC Moore and got the fabric and some needles and some pins... and I tried but she ended up doing 95% of the work.  After all was said and done though we got this:

Which was the desired outcome so it's all good!  I thought I had the hang of simple sewing but then after she left, my reverse stitching started going forward and my regular sewing started going backwards.  So it's probably just me but I'm probably going to wait until Grandma and Pop's next visit to break out the machine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment