Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 14 = Difficult Diapering Day

I can't believe I only took one picture today.  This is Liam asleep on the way home- but I have no pictures of what we did to come home from!

I mentioned before that every North Carolina trip must include La Cocina, barbecue and sweet tea.  A truly great trip also includes McAlisters and Light Years (a jewelry store at Southpoint Mall).  We were able to meet the other half of our parents in Durham on this trip- when we visit one family, we always try to arrange a visit to see the other and this time it worked out to where we got to spend several hours with both families which is always nice!  We all met at McAlisters and then did some shopping- my main objective was to find Miss Malia an Easter dress- it took searching in three or four stores but we found it.  But not before some fun times- Liam had a really wet diaper in the first store so while Zachary worked on getting what we needed to change him, my brother and I went to find a shirt to replace the one Zachary was wearing that was a wet diaper casualty.  We found a cash register with only one person in line.  Now is the time I get to talk about something that really annoys me.  Another employee was doing some folding and I was hoping he'd open his register and get to us since Zachary was waiting shirtless for us but I figured there was a reason he wasn't so I patiently waited.  A few minutes later, while we were still waiting, a man and his teenage son came up.  The previously busy employee now opened his register and said "I can help the next customer" gesturing towards the man and his son who eagerly moved over and started their transaction.  This is so infuriating to me.  The employee obviously hadn't noticed us waiting but when the man and his son heard him say "next customer," they should have let us go.  But I thought to myself, maybe just maybe there is something they're dealing with that is more pressing than my shirtless husband so I didn't react.  Well, their transaction was done before the lady in front of us- she was apparently buying one of everything in the store.  The employee went back to folding!  Thankfully the cashier helping the lady told said employee to help us, which he nicely did.  So we sped walked the shirt to Zachary who informed us Liam also needed a pair of shorts- there were no extra shorts in the diaper bag.  So we found a pair of shorts and in the three minutes it took us to get Zachary's shirt to him, the equivalent of the population of a small country was ready to check out at the same time.  So we got in line.  A long line.  A long line that did not move.  We waited five minutes before going to a different register which thankfully did move.  During the time we were checking out Malia decided to load up her diaper and ruin her outfit as well- when it rains it pours.  So I changed her and thankfully she did have extra clothes in the diaper bag so it wasn't quite as complicated as changing Liam. So we survived!  And then found an Easter dress.  I hope everyone loves her Easter dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment