Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 9 = Daddy's Girl Day

We got our Easter baskets today!  In case you can't read it, the pink one says Malia Mae... it's kind of hard to see in the picture but not in person.  I love that lots of people on facebook call her Malia Mae instead of just Malia.  I call her so many things- mainly Lia Lia which is what Liam used to call her- he doesn't really call her anything now... so Lia Lia and Missy Mae.  Because having a Liam and a Lia Lia isn't confusing at all.  I may have specified this before but I want to reiterate- this was not planned.  We knew we wanted to name any boy we had William and I knew I wanted to name any girl I had Malia.  William and Malia wouldn't be that bad.  But the boy came first and we decided instead of Will, a name which I do love, we would call our William Liam.  Because- get this- we thought it was unique.  As the Grinch says in my favorite part of his movie- Wrongo!  Anyway- so we had our Liam and then we find out we're having a girl.  Well the name is already chosen- Malia.  It took me a few weeks to realize having a Liam and Malia was going to be very confusing.  So many people think we did this on purpose- why anyone would choose to have their childrens' names so similar is beyond me.  But I love each of their names and they fit them perfectly so ... Liam and Malia it is. 


Liam has always been a little bit more like me than his daddy.  He's uptight, likes things done a certain way and is terribly stubborn.  I've personally worked on all of these things and I think I've made progress but apparently I passed these traits down to my little man.  We are also both very passionate and we don't give up which can be good things.  Malia came along and is very similar to her daddy.  Laid back and only gets upset if she's hungry.  And here she is with a basketball.  In a similar way of Zachary's and my personalities balancing each other out- Liam and Malia balance each other out too!


No comments:

Post a Comment