Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 13 = Memory Day

I love this Timehop app!  Today it reminded me that we learned I was pregnant with Malia two years ago today!  We had taken Liam to get an EEG and he had to be sleep deprived for it, meaning we had to wake him up at like 5am and keep him up all day so that he would sleep for the EEG.  I remember telling the nurse that called to give us the instructions that when he is sleep deprived, he does not sleep and that he doesn't sleep anywhere but his crib so no matter what we do to him, he's not going to sleep for the EEG but she insisted we follow the rules and we did.  But like I predicted, he didn't sleep during the EEG so it was all for nothing.  We also had a guy that was new to the ship check in and he needed somewhere to stay so instead of giving him a hotel recommendation like he asked for, Zachary told him he was welcome at our house.  We took him to a Mexican restaurant and because I'm not a fan of being up at 5am myself, I decided to have a margarita.  Oops.  We got home that night and I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.  It was so very faint that we took another one out and compared and asked ourselves a million times- is this just wishful thinking?  But I took another one the next day and it was clearly there. 

And fast forward two year and here Liam and Malia are, hiding behind the curtain, looking out the window together.  I'm so grateful that they love each other so much- I can already see the protectiveness and loyalty they feel for each other in their eyes- and the jealousy and the annoyance... but mostly the love!


No comments:

Post a Comment