Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 15 = Daddy's Home Day!

In preparation for Zachary getting home this afternoon, I put up a "Happy Birthday Zachary" banner and ordered pizzas and made his favorite cheese dip.  My mom had gotten him a card that she wanted to give him before they left since they won't see him again before his birthday.  He thought he was going to get home around 6:30 so I was going to wait to order the pizzas so they'd be hot when he got home but when it was 6:30 and he wasn't home yet, I made the call to go ahead and get them because the kids were hungry.  Matt and Grace went to pick them up and I made the finishing touches.  But he still wasn't home.  And an hour later... he still wasn't home.  He didn't end up getting home until after 9:00 so the pizza was cold and he had already eaten dinner but he really appreciated the effort and made the comment that pizza is always good leftover.  Let's hope things go better on his actual birthday!  

But I kept the kids up to see him before they went to bed and they were elated to have their Daddy back and even sat still long enough for him to read them a story!


No comments:

Post a Comment