Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 17 = Washer Malfunction Day

Today is Tuesday which means Zachary has class and doesn't get home until 9:00.  I had the kids downstairs and was working on some laundry and doing some stuff on the computer.  Liam was going in and out of the downstairs room- he loves opening and closing the door.  Well one time he was going out, he fell and hit his head on the floor.  I went to comfort him and noticed there was a lot of water on the floor.  I had been sitting ten feet away from the washer and didn't even notice it was overflowing.  I turned the washer off and started getting things off the floor because the water was spreading fast.  I got the kids upstairs and called maintenance and they said they were sending someone.  I was trying to get in touch with Zachary but he was in a meeting and didn't have his phone on him.  Thankfully the lady said the maintenance people would come that night and help us out.  Zachary called and I told him what was going on and said, "I was about to ask you to come home but..." and then he started talking about something- I thought he hadn't heard me at all so I didn't finish by saying "...since the maintenance people are coming, I'll be fine."  Well, he went back to his office and emailed his professor explaining what happened and assured him he'd get a makeup assignment in soon.  He called me on his way home and I told him to turn around- that we'd be fine!  It took some convincing but he went back and then, miraculously, the professor let the class out early!  Thank goodness he went because he ended up getting home 30 minutes later than he would have had he skipped class but now he didn't have a makeup assignment to do!  Couldn't have gone better!




While the maintenance people worked on tearing up the carpet and removing the padding and putting fans and dehumidifiers downstairs, Liam, Malia and I played in Liam's room.  Malia found Mr. Potato Head's glasses and decided they were for her.



Also I saw this quote today and it is very true.  And I wouldn't trade parenting for all the nice things in the world.  The snuggling totally makes it worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment