Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 22 = First Birthday Present Day

So, I've probably mentioned it before but Zachary and I are terrible about saving gifts for the day for which they are intended.  Also, Zachary mentioned, as we were planning Christmas gifts, that I am a unique gift giver.  Not that my gifts are unique, but that I am very, very practical.  I like to get people things that I know they need or that I know they'll use.  My favorite thing to do is when I hear someone mention that they need something to make a mental note of it and grab it.  So after he pointed this out, I decided to get him something with no practical use at all to show I'm flexible.  I had seen this ball in a yoga magazine- it has little knobs on it that make it bounce in unpredictable ways- it's good for baseball players to quicken their reaction times for fielding ground balls but I thought Zachary would have fun with it- I pictured him taking it into work and bouncing it through their really long hall.  He had a beer or two when we were playing with it which made him determined to "field" every throw I made and one of them bounced way out his way but that didn't stop him.  He dove for it, putting all of his weight on his pinky and it's not going to be great tomorrow.  I think I'll go back to my practical gifts for Christmas.

Here's Malia with the ball- hopefully she keeps it and doesn't let her Daddy play with it anymore.


And here are two random things I saw on facebook today that I feel like sharing.



No comments:

Post a Comment