Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 21 = Stand in the Crib Day

We started today like every other Tuesday and Thursday- going to Liam's appointments.  I've probably mentioned it before but there's this waiting area outside of Liam's speech appointment that I like to sit in where it's quiet- no television rambling on, no obnoxious people talking about personal things on their phones as if we all want to hear about your upcoming colonoscopy.  Well, all good things come to and end.  People must have thought I was just too smart and decided to make my sacred, quiet waiting area the pediatric waiting area.  Now immediately I'm thinking about how difficult this is going to be for me with Liam and Malia in a double stroller.  And I'm tempted to fight it on account that I'm not the only one with a stroller or a double stroller for that matter- there are also children in wheel chairs and when all of those are in an area that comfortably seats four- that poses a fire hazard.  They debuted this waiting area last week and I try to just go with the flow.  I try so hard on a regular basis to go with the flow but my mind is saying- this makes no sense- fix it.  Well today another parent with a double stroller (one where the kids sit next to each other so an extra wide double stroller) voiced a concern and I saw that as my chance.   This is the image I had in my head when she and I were trying to navigate this room:

Sliding Block Puzzles - Ma's Puzzle

So I got permission to move Malia to the front waiting room and my concerns are being brought to the person who's in charge of this new waiting area.  So in the front waiting room, I went back to Live with Kelly & Michael in the background but could breathe and Malia learned to eat snacks out of the cup holder.  This is not her normal seat- she is normally in her carseat and hooked into the seat behind Liam but she is hating her car seat- it may be time to move her into a big girl car seat and fix the stroller so that she can sit like Liam does.


Later we came home for naps and when I went to get Miss Priss from her stroller- this is what I found.


Good thing we had already moved the mattress down!

No comments:

Post a Comment