Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 5 = Cinco De Mayo

We started off today with a yummy scrambled eggs breakfast.  Both kids were thrilled.


Cinco de Mayo is a bit of a sad day for me because my grandfather died on Cinco de Mayo of 2009- it's crazy to me that it's been six years already.  But it's kind of funny because he was a alcoholic and I don't mean someone who drank more than he should occasionally- I mean- the few times I've watched the show "Intervention" on A&E and they profile an alcoholic I think, "Oh they've got nothing on Grandpa."  So it's kind of appropriate that he died on a day Americans celebrate by drinking.  Anyway- we were invited to a little outdoor potluck that one of Zachary's classmates and his wife were hosting.  She wanted me to be able to meet some of the moms that she knows since we live in her area now.  I didn't bring my phone so I don't have pictures of Malia pigging out on some cantaloupe or Liam pushing the baby stroller up and down the sidewalk.  But it was fun.  We got kind of late for us so we put the kids to bed and then Zachary got out some frozen margaritas in a pouch and we toasted Grandpa and drank while we watched Jeopardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment