Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 10 = Mother's Day!

So I left a cliff hanger on yesterday's post- I know you were sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what Zachary was doing.  Well he made us a wonderful Mother's Day dinner- barbecue chicken with veggies and even made some sangria.  There were flowers and a new pretty pitcher for our homemade sangria and he set everything and everyone up outside on our new patio- it was such a nice dinner that we shared together.



And after dinner, we put both kids in their own umbrella stroller and went for a little stroll.  The kids were so cute wanting to talk to each other and interact- it melted my heart!


And on our way back, we checked the mail and my Mother's Day present had arrived!  A necklace with two charms- an L and an M for my two babies



So it was a wonderful day and I still had actual Mother's Day to look forward to!  Zachary prepared breakfast for all of us- taters 'n' eggs, chocolate chip pancakes and bacon- and I got to read my cards Zachary and Liam picked out for me- Malia trusted them to make good choices.


Then we got everyone dressed and ready and headed to Home Depot to get stuff to make a vegetable garden- I had done some research but we kinda just winged it once we got there- I knew I wanted squash, green beans and cucumbers but there was a packet of four seeds with the three I wanted and some lettuce so we went with that and got two garden beds and soil.  The babies were so good and continued loving this umbrella strollers side by side situation.


Then we headed to Chili's for lunch.  I had been craving some chips & salsa.  Malia was ready to sleep.


 I got a picture with my favorite toddler:


The service was horrendous.  I won't bore you with details but just know it was bad.  But the chips & salsa were good and spending time with my little family was perfect so we didn't really care.  The table behind us was complaining to the manager and Zachary had a lot of fun acting really obnoxious and saying "Yeah!  Us too!"  He just likes causing a scene- he wasn't mad but he had fun acting like he was.

Then we went home and had a pretty low key evening- I put Liam to bed while Zachary was working on something and he sat in my lap while I read him books.  I had him lay in bed and told him goodnight and we said our prayers and then I left... I didn't really want to but it was time for him to go to sleep.  Now he usually takes his time going to sleep- he chats with Gigi, climbs on the window sill, pretends his beds are part of an obstacle course... but tonight it didn't seem like he was going to go to sleep on his own so I happily went back up there with a drink and he sat in my lap again and let me hold him and I just rocked him back and forth while we were sitting on the floor.  This is a very rare opportunity for me so I took it and when he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore I laid him back in bed.  Him saying "mama" the day before was probably my favorite part of this Mother's day weekend but this was a close second. 







No comments:

Post a Comment